Monday, April 22, 2013

Dear Six Month Old Simone




Dear Simone,

Today you are six months old.  You are half way from the first day you arrived in the world and only half way from your first birthday.  When you were born I could not prepare myself for how much I would love you, or how much being your Mom would mean to me.  My Mom would tell me when I was young that I would never understand how much she loved me until I had a child of my own, and she was right.  

Your beautiful eyes see the world in a way I can only imagine.  You examine everything around you and from a young age have been acutely aware of your surroundings.  I watch you watching your toys, other children, and your Daddy & I.  I see that your mind is moving faster than mine, and I keep that thought with me as I go about my day.  Right now, you are learning so much, so fast.  Though, you won't remember this time when you are older, what goes on now will play a role in who you are forever.  You are smart.

Playing on your tummy, rolling over, and sitting up.  Your strength is astounding.  Passing your toys from hand to hand, and playing with your Cousins & friends.  Your nickname isn't monkey for just any old reason.  You wiggle and move any chance you get.  You're no longer a tiny infant.  Doctor Judy says you'll be on the move in no time.  I'm just trying to cherish every last moment that you are as little as you are right now.  You are strong and growing up.

You have your very own way about you, and your personality is beautiful.  Everyone who meets you knows it, and tells Daddy and me.  Your smile is infectious, and your laugh makes me feel more joy than I knew possible.  I know as you grow up you will know the power of being a social person.  Remember to include others who are on the shy side.  I know you will, because you are kind.  

Our life before you is a bit of a fuzzy memory by now.  It's hard to think of when you weren't with us, because it feels as if you've always been a part of our lives.  But, six months ago at this exact time of day Daddy and I were just staring at you hoping that we could be as good of parents as you deserve.  

I'll end this by telling you we are so proud of you, we are so in awe of you, and we are so excited for what life holds for you.

Love you forever and for always,
Mama

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, Amy! I started a notebook for Bradley on his first birthday, and I plan to write him a letter every single year. I think our kids will really treasure stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! I love the idea of her reading all of this someday and seeing exactly what we were doing at each point. It's a gift for all of us! :)

      Delete