Monday, April 8, 2013

Grandma's Yummy Party Potatoes

Can I just say first... as I write this post I'm enjoying a cup of coffee in our office with the windows open....while Simone sleeps in!  Bliss!

Anyways, I wanted to share this recipe since I made the party potatoes on Easter Sunday.  I neglected to take a picture, but these are the best holiday food.  You can double the recipe if you have a huge group, but this serves 12-16 already.

What you need...

2lb bag of frozen hash browns.  (Note, I can only ever find the one pound bag...so I just buy two)
1 Cup of diced onion (you can fore go the onion if you have a Dad like mine who hates them!)
1 Can cream of celery soup
1 16 oz carton of sour cream
1/4 lb of butter, melted
2 Cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper 
Crushed potato chips (I used ruffles) for top... Also totally optional, as I usually make these without the chips.

Get it done...

Preheat oven to 375
Mix all ingredients (except chips) together in a big bowl
Spread in an ungreased 9 x 13 pan
Bake 60 mins at 375
To add the chip topping pull out about 10 mins early & sprinkle crushed chips on top.  Return to the over for the remaining 10 mins.

These can be prepared the night before (I love that part), but just don't bake.  Another tip, if your potatoes are browning too much on top, cover the pan with foil and continue to cook.

These potatoes are always a hit!  It was love at first bite for me!  They go well with everything, and we're on a roll... I've made them for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter.  I'm going to make up a holiday just to have them again. ;-)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment