Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Day I Became Mrs. Hart

In honor of our upcoming two year anniversary I decided I would dedicate a post to our wedding day.  Which, was beautiful, perfect, and amazing for us.  I'll never forget it, and until Simone was born it was the best moment(s) I've ever had with Todd.

Wedding Invitations by PeacockInvitations on Etsy.com
Literally I could write a book on all of the hard work, blood, sweat, and tears that went into planning this wedding.  All I will say on that is... planning a wedding isn't easy.  If you've planned one you know.  No matter how excited you are, or how much you swear you won't be like "other people" who let it get all over them, it does.  Truly, all that matters on your wedding day is that you marry your best friend.  I sure hope you do that when you get married.

A photo of the Reach Beach & Pier.  Photo is not mine...credit to The Reach website.

Todd & I were married in Key West, FL.  If you've never been to Key West... it's a bit quirky to say the least.  But, it's one of the most beautiful places (in my humble opinion) to be married.  Prior to our wedding my Mom & I flew to Key West to scout out the perfect location.  We ended up finding The Reach Resort, a beautiful Waldorf Astoria resort located on the Atlantic.  Check out their Earth Cam to see right where we were married.

We printed our own programs - Card stock from Michael's
   My hair and makeup were done by my Sister in law (Parke Avenue Salon) using MAC makeup and J Beverly Hills hair supplies.  I wore a birdcage veil & head piece by David's Bridal.  My dress was also from David's Bridal from the Galina Signature collection.  Our flowers were done by Mama Flowers, dinner and our cake were provided by the Strip House. 


Getting Ready
  The photography was done by the incomparable Rob O'Neal, a Key West local & legendary photographer!  He was AMAZING.  He captured moments I didn't even realize were happening, and the overall feel of our wedding.  When I look at our photos I truly relive that day.  I can't say enough good things about Rob... Todd & I talk about getting back to Key West to grab a beer with him and get our pictures taken because he was beyond cool!

Since his photos were so wonderful... I'll let them tell the story of our wedding...
Everyone Getting Seated
Alexander, my brother in law played the wedding march
Ring Security 

Todd's Mom & Dad
My Mom & Todd's Dad
Grandpa Eccles
Flower Duty our sweet Zoe


Walking down the pier with my Dad
Right Before the Hand-Off
During our ceremony Todd & I decided to forego any sand ceremony (I mean, we were already at the beach!) and instead asked our Mothers to give us some advice on marriage.  It was very touching & sweet, oh and windy!  Both Moms also were gifted handkerchiefs with special messages from Etsy.com.

We also decided to write our own vows.  Here I am trying my best to get through them without weeping!


After we exchanged rings....


It was official, we're married!



Our First Kiss as Husband & Wife

Truly a happy moment!  Finally, after a year & a half of work we could relax and enjoy our reception!




We enjoyed hugs, kisses, and congratulations from our family & friends at the end of the pier.


Peacock Hair Piece & Peacock Boutineers from Etsy.com




Handmade jewelry by Corliss Ventura-Ditton 

 


Peacock Hair Piece & Peacock Boutineers from Etsy.com


Before the reception in the ballroom we enjoyed cocktails and appetizers on the beach.









Peacock Shoe Clip from Etsy.com




After we hung on the beach we headed to the ballroom for dinner, drinks, & dancing!  


Cheers!

Best Man Speech from Todd's Brother, Ryan

Hilarious moments!
My Dad toasting us

Todd's Dad

Todd's Best Friend, Jeremy 

Our First Dance

Father Daughter Dance

Mother & Son Dance

Yep.  I'm "that" bride...





Our Wedding Favors (Mini Key Lime Pie Pops)
Tags & Pies from Etsy.com 
 Flowers by Mama Flowers

Peacock Menus & Name Cards from Etsy.com



My Parents

Cones from Etsy.com

Little touches...



As the night wore on...there were many photos like this... I'll spare us all by not posting them.



The last photo of the night is a winner... 


I always look back on our wedding with such wonderful memories.  Everything that we worked hard on came together perfectly.  We had so many wonderful and loving people there with us that day, and we could just feel the support.  Even now, almost two years later we STILL talk about how amazing that day was for us.  We still appreciate everyone flying all the way to Key West to join us on our special day.  We love you guys.

Todd & Amy Hart - May 25th, 2011

Want to feel like you were there?  My talented brother in law, Alex, made this video for us.  Thank you, Alex!



2 comments:

  1. I got married a month ago so I especially love this post. You looked gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And, CONGRATS!! It's such a fun day once you get passed the nerves of it all! :) I hope you and your husband had a great wedding. Two years later, I feel like we were JUST married.

      Delete