Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My New Passion...Walking

So about a month ago I decided it was HIGH TIME I got my buns back in shape.  I feel the pressure of bathing suit season approaching.  Especially in Arizona, because that starts in April, FRICK!  So I started doing my favorite at-home workout Jillian Michael's Thirty Day Shred.  It's super cheap (I got it at Walmart) and it kicks your ass.  Side note, Jillian looks like my friend Jenny!  Ha, Jenny!  I always think of you while I'm basically crying through my workout.

I started doing this twice a day.  Which was a sick joke.  The second workout was me flopping around like fish out of water.  So I decided to just do the work out three days a week.  The other days, I've taken to walking.  I'm now kind of obsessed with walking.  It's easy to do with Simone.  She usually sleeps, or watches me while playing with her toys. 

I've been walking about a mile here or there.  Then I started pushing it to two miles.... I walk up to the grocery store and buy little things I need and then walk home.  But, the other day I went for the big kahuna.  I walked a total of four miles.  I don't a light stroll either... I power walked this bia (the word I say so I'm not caught saying the B word in front of Simone...)!  By the time I got home I was totally pooped, but I felt like I worked every part of my body.  It was a great workout.  I even told Todd that I think it was harder than Jillian.

It's not like the old days where I would just hit the gym for an hour and push my body to the brink.  I have to get in my exercise any way I can.  I try to do things all day long to push my body.

What do you do to stay in shape?

That's what I'm talking about...

2 comments:

  1. Walking is great and easy to do while pushing a stroller. My workout is usually once a week doing zumba. It's more like dancing and is soo much fun! Doing zumba doesn't seem like a chore to me like other workouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zumba is tough! I used to do it at my gym, and it was intense. I don't really have the option of going to Zumba since I don't have day time help with Simone. But, maybe when she is older or if I buy the video! :)

      Delete