Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Cleaning - Makeup

I have been on a mission through our whole house the past two weeks.  Bagging up stuff to donate, tossing out trash, and trying to simplify our lives in general.
 
Did you know Goodwill does home pickups?  Check out their website to schedule one.  I liked using that date as a deadline to motivate me!  It is so freeing to get rid of the JUNK around the house, and a good feeling knowing someone else can give it a new life.  Recycling isn't just separating out your plastics & paper! 
 
I was inspired by a segment on the Today Show... fourth hour of course because I love a booze induced good time.  Kidding, slightly.  They had a segment about cleaning out your old makeup and beauty products.  I realize while watching I had eye shadow from my high school days.  Some over 10 years old.  What the hell am I still doing with neon pink eyeshadow that I never touch?  My hording ways are pretty disgusting, so I decided to make a change.
 
I pulled out my Caboodle... yep, my lime green with sparkles one, that went to every skating & cheer leading competition, and dumped it out.  There were seriously about four things I ended up keeping because they were new.  Everything else, trashed.  It was time for me to say goodbye to frosted pinks & blues.  The Caboodle is going in Simone's closet, because I'll be damned if that leaves our family!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment