Thursday, January 23, 2014

I'm not about that park life.




The park.  Ahhh the location of so many play dates, birthday's, and hang outs.  And I'm just totally grossed out by the giant litter box.  Ok, so I'm half kidding here.  The park isn't that bad.  We always have a good time when we go.  I'm not sure what part of me can't seem to be "all in" when it comes to the park.  Although, I'm guessing it's the the type A, control freak of a mother, who never wants her baby dirty, part.  Blerg.



Let me stop right there.  I will say that I not only let her get dirty, I encourage it.  It's a huge part of learning for her, and for me, too.  She has even put a handful of that sand in her mouth.  Of course, she quickly spat it out when she realized she was eating pebbled poison!  And, the sand... the sand is EVERYWHERE.  And, by going to the park I've signed  up for two days of finding sand on her body... even after a tubby.  Since I have a 15 month old I better get used to it, right?!  And, Mom friends, please accept the weird creature that I am.


Things are getting better at the park as she can experience more, and pulling her in the wagon on the way is bliss!  Taking Simone to the park with Landon (her big cousin) is also a great way to curb me hating on the park.  Those two can make anything fun and adorable.  So, I'm making progress on my journey to loving the park.
Give me time.

"we should go play in the grass, it's more fun..." - me

Are there any regular kid things that give you the heebie jeebies?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You KILL me!!! We probably shouldn't go to the park together! lol I have a bag of misc toys for the sand in my car at all times for our impromtu park days.. We both sit in the sand and could play like that for hours!! Tip:... go through the garage when you get home and take her clothes, socks and shoes off before going in the house :) I'm grossed out by a lot of things.. primarily strangers children! LOL seriously though.... why do people take their disgusting sick kiddos to the park and let them touch other kids toys?????? Ewww :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny!! And, NO I totally NEED to go with you so I can get over it. How is it that I live for the beach? Park sand is just creepy. But, I'm getting better. Simone was making a "sand angel" a few weeks ago... and I just laughed. I'm making progress...

      Delete