Monday, January 13, 2014

Simone's First Birthday

In October we celebrated Simone's first BIRTHDAY!  


This was a crazy day for us.  I couldn't believe it had been a year since Simone came into the world.  It's so cliche', but for good reason, time does fly.  



Our little ham enjoyed every second of her owl themed birthday celebration.  Snacks included cake pops, Oreo truffles, brownies, cup cakes, animal crackers, gold fish crackers, and apple juice.  She also had her very first taste of anything sugar-y.  And, of course.... freakin' loved every second of it.



She has now perfected the art of opening gifts.  She knows exactly what to do, and goes crazy for tissue paper.  


Simone & I sported matching necklaces from Tori with Sassafrass.  They are adorable, unique, and she can do custom orders for you!  Check it out!



I did some simple decorations... a few printables & pictures of Simone in frames, mason jars with baby's breath, toilet paper roll owls, and some paper bag owls for our party favors.  These were all so much fun to put together in the weeks leading up to her party.  Although, I'm pretty sure my husband thinks I'm insane.... and has renamed me Amy "Ouch, I Burnt My Finger on the Hot Glue Gun" Hart.  That damn glue gun should be banned from our house... but it sure is a workhorse.



I ordered a custom banner from Vista Print for the party.  I ordered it without any age, so that this can be a staple at her birthday parties for years to come.  It was actually really affordable, and made of durable vinyl... they have many different print options, too!


My friend Heather helped me make the cake pops (thank goodness...), and other sweets the night before.  It was a crazy day of baking and trying to keep up with our kids, but we got it done!  The minute we sat down after finishing frosting everything, Simone decided she would take her first steps.  It was a perfect end to a wild day!


We found owls at the Dollar Store, the striped straws at Hobby Lobby, & the teal S at Michael's to complete the look of our treats table!



Here's my little BIG girl & her Daddy after opening gifts.  The monkey she's kissing is Emily and she's now the top banana in our house!

I wish to thank ALL of our family & friends (near & far) for making Simone's first birthday an epic success.  She had such a great time, and is truly surrounded by a VILLAGE of wonderful people.  

For that, I'm incredibly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment